This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Kape & Pan Ltd.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (including without limitation email details). This includes information provided when purchasing a product or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including - but not limited to - traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise. and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including - where available - your IP address, operating system and browser type, but for system administration for internal purposes only. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a clever cookie file stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
We don’t store your credit card numbers at any time. All purchases are secured via SSL and the card numbers are tokenised and stored with our payment provider. These tokens will only ever be used for your initial transactions and to renew your subscription with your permission. At any time you cancel your account, all your personal payment data will be entirely removed from all our systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets and are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, valid request from a governmental authority, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, our property, or safety of our subscribers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of this agreement, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of our agreement and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
This agreement and any dispute arising out of if will be governed by English Law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.